Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Introductions are in order.

Well, hello.

Picture me, if you will, sitting by a fire, smoking a pipe, reading a book, and pleasantly surprised to see you.

My name is Christian Steenhorst-Baker. I'm 32 years old. I'm a stay-at-home dad. I've been married for five years and my son is 3 years old.

I'm artistically talented and trained, and over the next few months I intend to ramp up productivity. (I've been intending that for years, but I'll say it again)

I'm a social and political leftist, believing we all should have a right to complete universal health care and higher education.

I'm an atheist. I find the real scientific explanations for how things are and have come to be satisfying enough that it's a non-issue for me. I could literally go on and on and on about this, but I wont' because I'm genuinely nervous about alienating friends, relatives, and future prospective employers. I am not, however, going to hide it.

I wanted to write an incredibly long introduction, but I don't plan on telling everyone I know about this blog. Strangers probably won't be interested in the rather ordinary details of my life.

So here I am. I shall try to update once or twice a day and see where this goes. Right now it's just a general-purpose blog that may become so boring as to be featured on comedy websites as so-sad-it's-funny fodder, but perhaps I'll pick a topic one day soon.

Thanks,

Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment